Canada Real Estate News
- Action needed to solve the housing crisisby Canadian Real Estate Wealth on September 22, 2021 at 1:58 pm
We are in the middle of a housing crisis, plain and simple, because demand is outpacing supply and, consequently, we’re seeing some very dramatic spikes for the price of homes.
- Liberals slammed for not spending election money on housingby Canadian Real Estate Wealth on September 22, 2021 at 1:54 pm
Canada’s 44th federal election cost an estimated $610 million—money that could have been better spent on affordable housing, a Toronto real estate broker says.
- New reverse mortgage product available in Ontarioby Canadian Real Estate Wealth on September 22, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Bloom Financial Company has entered the reverse mortgage market with a new product for Ontarians aged 55 and over. The fintech firm intends to roll out the product in other provinces soon.
- ‘We want to be the Shopify of real estate'by Canadian Real Estate Wealth on September 22, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Converging E-commerce and real estate hasn’t always been simple because of the latter’s exorbitant price points but a Calgary-based company has done it.
- Will Liberals honour promise to increase housing supply?by Canadian Real Estate Wealth on September 21, 2021 at 9:25 pm
The Liberal Party of Canada staved off a strong Tory challenge for a consecutive minority government, and now Justin Trudeau is expected to keep his election campaign promise to increase housing supply.
US Real Estate News
- Housing Market Expected to Stay Stable as COVID-era Protections Endon September 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Expirations of eviction and foreclosure moratoria are not likely to distress markets, according to real estate experts surveyed by Zillow
- Buyers Take Note: Housing Market Easing from White Hot to Red Hoton September 16, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Slight softening in for-sale and rental markets spells relief for buyers and renters alike
- Remote Work Will Fuel Housing Demand for Years to Comeon September 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm
New Zillow survey finds remote workers are far more likely to move, yet nearly 40% of employees still don't know if or how often they must return to their workplace
- iBuyers Are Helping People Move in Record Numberson September 7, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Homeowners sold a record number of homes using an instant buying service in Q2, offering some relief for home shoppers as these homes are listed to be sold on the open market
- Zillow, United Negro College Fund and Black Tech Ventures to Host Hackathon for Students at Historically Black Colleges and Universitieson September 1, 2021 at 12:15 pm
Challenge aims to increase the number of Black students in the early-career tech talent pipeline. Participants will innovate housing solutions as they learn skills and compete for $90,000 in cash and prizes.